Monday, May 17, 2010

NB15 2010

Facts:

1. My very first 15k, the longest run I've ever done.

2. I heart the race's vest and bib.

3. I hate hills. I hate hills to bits. Furthermore this race was indeed my first Double Hills. Now I know why those experienced runners kept referring DH as killer hills. It kills me. Literally. Good enough they made us ran reverse DH eventho it doesn't offer much help to a virgin DH and 15K like me. Giler capek macam nak pengsan!



4. Just after 12k, my tummy-ache strikes like nobody business. Ya ampun even it's only 3km away, tapi Running + Tummy-ache equals to 3km of misery. Sakit bangat sampai rasa cold sweats pun dah keluar sekali. Ish kalau jalan lagi lambat sampai so I kept on running (seriously slow macam siput) and finally, I crossed the finish line with great relief and the good news was, I made it within the qualifying time. Horray!!!


Pic courtesy http://run2chuah.multiply.com/. Thanks Chuah.This is about 500m to the finish line & man, I look like a miserable lass kan? Hahahaha


5. Unofficial results:

Wristwatch; 1 hr 48mins
PACM: 1 hr 47 mins 43 secs

Ranking (unofficial):

Category: 84
Gender: 142
Overall: 805

ermmmm, boleh tahan jugak kan? ;)

6. I was still experiencing major fatigue and don't blame me on being so sluggish today. Bukan saja-saja yer cehhh mengalahkan orang lari full marathon je hahaha pastu kejadian lapar berpanjangan menyebabkan aktiviti makan tidak berhenti, memang mcm tu ker?

7. Need to undergo intensive training programme to improve my performance. Do you have any useful tips you want to share? I'll be most grateful. All in all, it was a great experience. I'm just so proud of myself :)

p/s: Will upload the NB15 piccas later ya. Toddles!

6 comments:

RaYzeef said...

Hey Anne, gud job on NB15 and finish within time limit..those demonic hills was a killer..he he.

Are u running for Setia Alama race?

Mrs. Amien said...

cayalah aini!really love to read all the merentas desa stories(marathon sbnrnya..tp alid sempat merentas desa je kt kusess..dolu2 teringin gak nk lari2 jauh ni..tp kini..huhuhu..bbaca cite aini saja lah!)

ibuhannah said...

well done babe! =)

Luvly Me said...

Rayzeef: A'ah bukit tu memang giler, bak kata u "Syaitoon hills", terguling2 i gelak puas hati.

Already registered for Setia Alam Race, but not sure can make it or not. harapnya dapatlah join. r u going to be thr? running half ker? c u thr...

Alid: thank you. Lid, abis confinement period u nanti plus bila maryam dah besar sikit u pun boleh lari. You'll be amazed ramai giler marathon's mommmy yang gempak2 kat sini, so whenever you're ready. boleh kits lari sama2. cool babeh!

Hawa: Thank you darling. Tak sabar nak tggu u balik ni. byk story mory yg syioks2.. Eh awe, SATC kat ni start 3 June. Sempat tak?

ummi sa'eed said...

wah wah...bagus bagus.

awat muka macam nak makan orang je? hehe

Luvly Me said...

gempak kan i turs hehehe, tu tgh tahan sakit perut and kepenatan maksima jadinya muka sememeh giler hahahaha

 
design by suckmylolly.com